Growing up, going to Wal-Mart was our excitement. My family never took vacations and my parents rarely travel. But, there is a reason why vacation time is a thing. People NEED to and SHOULD go on a getaway at least once or twice a year. Here are 5 benefits to going on vacation:
- Reboot your mind– Exposure to new images, sensations, and ideas have a positive impact on the way you think and what you think about. This can improve mental health, work performance, and home life.
- Reduce Stress– Vacation can be a beneficial temporary distraction from the daily grind. No matter what you do, at work or at home, you can hit burnout if you go too long without a real break.
- Enhance Relationships– A vacation can mean bonding time together. A vacation can also bring color to relationships that aren’t on the trip with you by giving you more to add to conversations and a positive mood to share with others.
- Improve Your Health– Stress is bad for your overall wellbeing; a vacation can reduce stress levels. Often vacations include increased physical activity like walking, hiking, or other adventures. Decrease stress. Increase physical activity. It’s a win-win!
- Broaden Your Knowledge– There is so much to learn out there from new roads, different cultures, or local histories. You may learn about and experience new foods and flavors. You may make new friends and learn about them and their perspectives. The world is full of interesting and exciting things!
BONUS: You deserve it! Life is full of difficult challenges. The world can be a hard place to live and cope with personal and global struggles. Everyone deserves a good vacation. Where do you want to go?