I must preface with the importance of His word. It’s more important to mediate on God’s word than it is to take our daily medications/supplements yet this task is easy to skip in our daily routine.
We need the light of God. We need to know what He says so that we can best see the path He laid out for us:
1. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. -Psalm 119:105
Give God your anxieties:
2. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
But how do we give Him our anxieties? We pray, we tell Him:
3. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
After we told God about what makes us anxious, we must trust in Him to take care of them, to take care of us:
4. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.– Proverbs 3:5-6
Give good words to yourself and to others. Good words could be other bible verses and thoughts of things you are thankful for:
5. Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, But a good word makes it glad. -Proverbs 12:25
Consider writing these out with pen on paper. Write them multiple times. Color the paper around the verse. Meditate on God’s wisdom.
I invite you to pray the following:
I am utilizing the acronym that helps me pray: PRAY
Praise Repent Ask Yield
Thank you God for making me and all the world. You are able to see all, know all, and do all that is good and just.
Forgive me for holding on to my worries and trying to handle them all on my own. I cannot and was not made to carry all my burdens alone but to give them to You and handle them with You.
Please take my anxieties from me, help me to release them to you and trust you with them. Please give me the words and thoughts I need to deflect anxiety away from myself.
I trust you, God, I really do. I give my anxiety to you. I will walk the path you have lit for me.